Friday, January 13, 2017
Bake for Happy Kids has inspired me to make these cookies right away. I love how simple the mixed up ingredients. However, I have replaced the meat floss with vegetarian mushroom floss instead. And if you're interested to find out more, please read on.......
100gm butter, softened at room temperature
20gm icing sugar
60gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn salt
1/8 tspn baking powder
1 TB sesame seeds, toasted
2 TB mushroom floss
* egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 tspn milk
* some sesame seeds for topping
(1) combine flour, cornflour, salt & baking powder together and mix well.
(2) now, cream butter and icing sugar till smooth then fold in flour mixture to form sticky dough.
(3) finally, throw in the remaining ingredients and mix till everything well cooperated.
(4) next, wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep chilled for 30 minutes or till dough manageable to handle.
(5) when ready, place chilled dough to slightly floured working table and roll out flat about 1cm thickness. Then cut with round cookie cutter.
(6) transfer all shaped dough to baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with egg glazing ( I used leftover egg white) and sprinkle on sesame seeds.
(8) leave to cool before storage to air tight jar.
Zoe for sharing such beautiful cookie recipe. I love it.
Thursday, December 22, 2016
Ingredients for brownie :
1/2 cup corn oil
1/2 cup hot brewed coffee (used local black coffee)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tspn instant coffee powder (optional)
340gm dark chocolate, melted
100gm cream cheese
1 TB lemon juice
2 TB icing sugar
1 cup cranberry, coated with flour
(1) mix together ingredients (B) and set aside.
(2) whisk together ingredients (A) till cooperated in separated bowl, then fold ingredients (B) till well mixed.
(3) now, stir in ingredient (C) till well combined.
(4) transfer batter to a 8x8" tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) now, beat ingredients (D) till well mixed (except cranberry) and scoop cheese mixture over to brownie batter, use a chopstick to draw the swirl over batter then spread on cranberries.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 40 minutes.
(5) once its ready, leave to cool before serving.
Saturday, December 17, 2016
125gm butter, softened
150gm castor sugar
250gm all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
2 TB green tea powder
100gm cream cheese, softened
50gm icing sugar
1/2 TB lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh mulberry / cranberries
(1) combine flour, green tea powder & baking powder into a big bowl then mixed well. Set aside.
(2) cream butter and castor sugar till pale & fluffy.
(3) add in eggs one at a time till everything well cooperated.
(4) stir in half portions of flour mixture till well blended, then fold in the remaining flour mixture and hand mix till well cooperated.
(5) in separate bowl, whisk cream cheese, icing sugar & lemon juice till creamy.
(6) place half green tea batter into a greased 4x7" tray lined with parchment paper, now place in all cream cheese mixture & mulberries then cover it with the remaining green tea batter.
(7) make a swirl through the batter and finally bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 40 minutes.
(8) once its dine, leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from tray.