Saturday, April 30, 2011
And here's what I did.
Ingredients for Purple Sweet Potato Bun Dough :
Start Dough :
100gm all purpose flour
2-1/2 tspn yeast
1 tbsp sugar
(combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside to rest for 10 mins)
Main Dough :
400gm bao flour/all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tspn salt
250gm mashed purple sweet potato
2 tspn baking powder
2 tbsp shortening
(1) Combine all main dough ingredients and starter dough together, mix well till get a semi-soft crumby dough.
(remember to combine baking powder into water before mixing in, only add in shortening last)
(2) set aside to rest for an hour or untill double in size.
(3) then punch out the air and knead till smooth.
(4) divide dough into 60gm each and cover with a piece of damp tower.
(5) roll each dough out and fill in the curry sweet potato.
(6) sealed and place over a piece of parchment paper.
(7) spray on a little water and let them rest for another 10 mins.
(8) finally, steam over high heat for 10-12 mins.
And here comes my little babies! All together 17 of them. Aren't they cute! Pretty purple...just the way I wanted. yay!
*I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.
Ingredients for Curry Sweet Potato Filling :
300gm sweet potatoes, diced
1 large onion, diced
200gm minced chicken fillet
1 tbsp curry powder
2 tspn light soy sauce
* thickening : 1/2 cup water + 1 tspn corn starch
(1) marinade minced meat with a little salt & pepper and sesame oil.
(2) preheat a frying pan with enough oil to fry the sweet potatoes untill brown or cooked.
(3) set aside the cooked sweet potatoes and withdraw partial of oil.
(5) next add in sweet potato and switch to medium heat, and let to cook for one minute.
(6) add in the seasoning and mix well.
(7) finally, stir in thickening and off the heat once it has thickened.
Yeap, more is coming up after this! Stay tune.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Here's the light opening. Bloody Red Hot Mocktail to keep you cooled.
This will definitely keep your appertite going. Sweet & sour Mango Salad to keep your belly growling for more.
Now, here comes the pre-main course, Sate Lilit Indonesia. Just nice to fill up 30% of your empty stomach.
Ta...da....Mdm, your meal is served! Main course : Sweet Potato Gnocchi With Tuna Chowder. Do you want extra cheese???
WAIT!!!! You're not going home without the desserts. Beignet Apple Pudding! Do enjoy it. :o)
Before ending the party, I would like to take this opportunity to thank the following fellow blogger for passing me these wonderful awards. I'm honoured to be apart of this. Thank you very much to our lovely Esther & Passionate About Baking.
I am dedicating these awards to all of my loving blogger buddies. Please do feel free to drop by and collect the buttons.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Why I'm calling this a copycat? See, the other day when scrolling through our local famous coconut tart on the site and found this HERE ! The picture blew me away immediately the minute I saw it. It such an amazing pastry tart. This pastry tart is originated from a very famous bakery shop in Penang called Leong Chee Kee Biscuit. I've never been there before. How I wish I had! Well, If I can't go there, it doesn't mean that I can't have them here. Right? So, here's what I did......
Ingredient for Pastry Crust :
180gm all purpose flour
50gm rice flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tspn salt
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tspn butter
(combine all ingredients and mix them to form a soft dough.)
230gm all purpose flour
100gm corn oil
(combine all ingredients and mix well.)
(1) divide dough A into 10 pcs, 33gm each dough balls, set aside the leftover.
(2) divide dough B into 10 pcs, 25gm each dough balls, set aside the leftover.
(3) wrap dough B into dough A and nicely sealed.
(4) and also wrap the leftover dough B into dough A.
(5) further process, please refer here & here.
(For leftover dough, don't have to go through the 2nd roll up.)
(6) use a fork to make holes on the pastry.
250gm shredded young coconut
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tspn salt
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 tbsp cornflour
(mix eggs, sugar and butter till well combined. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix to combined. Set aside)
Ingredients for Almond Cookie Dough :
1 egg, beaten
125gm all purpose flour
100gm toasted almond meal
(1) beat margarine, sugar and egg till well mix.
(2)Stir in flour and almond, mix well.
(3) roll large(leftover) pastry dough into 9x8" square.
(4) spread almond cookie's mixture over the pastry dough, make sure it's well spread & flat.
(5) finally, roll it up like a swiss roll and wrap with plastic sheet.
(6) Keep chilled for about 30mins before slicing it.
(7) finally, divide into 20 pcs and place it to the top of the coconut tart.
(8) brush with egg glaze and bake at preheated oven 205'C for 10 mins and brush egg glazing for the 2nd time, again bake for 10 mins more at 230'C (for crispier skin). I baked mine at 210'C.
Friday, April 22, 2011
150gm all purpose flour
1/4 tspn baking soda
3/4 tspn yeast
1/2 tbsp crashed black pepper
(1) combine all ingredients in a big mixing bowl.
(2) stir to form a dough and keep kneading till you get a smooth dough.
(3) once the dough is ready, roll out flat as thin as possible.
(4) shape the dough as desired and place them to baking tray.
(5) leave to rest for 10 mins and sprinkle a dash of salt over the top.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'C for 10-15 mins (according to size) or untill brown.
(7) keep them into air tight container once they're cooled completely.
You'll have whole lot to feed if your triple the recipe. The best thing was you're feeding your family something fresh and good, without any preservatives and with your own favourite flavours as well. How cool is that! This is a quickie recipe, so there's nothing to hesitate about. Enjoy & have lots of fun! Well, kids are welcome to join in the fun.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
I'm going to make one more batch on next week. Are you coming over to join me???
Monday, April 18, 2011
Kuih Keria is more to sweet flavour deep fried mashed potato. This is a quickie delicious snack you'll never resist.