Fire Cracker To Die For

Wow...hooo... are you still in the Chinese New Year mood ? Yeah, I am and I'm feeling pretty good cause last weekend I could finally spent time in my own kitchen. After came back from a long Chinese New Year trip, I managed to get a nice & fresh spotted mackerel at the local wet market to make myself some fish paste. I made it every Chinese New Year and also on special occasion. I often use it on stuffed beancurd ("yong tofu") and sometimes I would love to use it on some other special dishes. Right ! Just like the one here.... eatable fire cracker ! Doesn't it look much fun ?

And here's what I did.
Ingredients :
150gm  homemade fish paste
150gm  shrimps / prawns, minced
1/2 cup   water chestnut, chopped
1/3 cup  carrot, chopped
 handful of cilantro, chopped
1 TB  wheat starch
salt & pepper to taste

*one packet of phyllo sheet / popiah sheet (small size)

Method :
(1) place all ingredients into a big bowl and mix to combine.
(2) spread a teaspoon of the mixture to phyllo sheet, wrap & sealed nicely with some egg white.
(3) then fry till golden brown.
(4) finally, decorate it onto a plate with chili sauce & mayonnaise.

It's best not to wrap the spring roll overly big....finger length would be fine. Otherwise, it won't be able to fit to any dinning plate. *wink*

Be very careful with your first bite.....you'll get addicted....you'll want more...& more....& MORE.... So, don't blame me for this ! You've been warned. :o)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...