Lemon & Lime New York Cheese Cake

Guess what ? I went for another camping trip with hubby last weekend. Just the two of us ! And this round we were extremely lucky cause I finally got the chance to meet the whole bunch of wild elephants face to face. We were just about 50m away from these wild life. Extremely close up ! Gosh..... just imagine the excitement and the situation we were about to get into. We were actually on our way leaving the forest that day and by luck we bumped into them. The mother elephant making whole lot of noises and about to chase us away cause there are a few cubs with her. Hubby driving very fast to prevent her from knocking to our 4 wheel drive. However, further ahead there's a bigger one in front of us. This round hubby drive slow & steady not to frighten her and we managed to follow behind her back for a few meters till she sneaked into the bushes. Phew.....What an outrages experience ! Honestly, I am now very much looking forward to our next trip. However before heading for my next trip, I finally decided to make a cheese cake since my kids are craving for one as well. Yes, it's been a long time since I made one.

Ingredients for crust :
180gm   graham crackers, finely crushed
(I used Tiger biscuit, butter or chocolate flavour)
100gm    butter, melted

Method :
Combine all ingredients & mix well then press it to a 8" springfoam pan, keep refrigerated for about an hour or till set.

Ingredients for fiilings :
500gm  cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup  icing sugar
1-1/2 TB  corn starch
1 tspn  vanilla essence
2 eggs
1 lemon juice & rinds
2 lime juice & rinds
1/2 cup  yogurt

Method :
(1) beat together cream cheese & yogurt till creamy smooth.
(2) then add in the remaining ingredients and beat till well combined & smooth.
(3) pour mixture to chilled cookie crust pan and bake at preheated oven 160'C for about an hour or till the center is set. Once its ready, leave cake in the oven for 30 mins with door ajar before removing.
(4) finally, keep refrigerated for overnight or till set.

Note :cover the cake loosely with aluminium foil for the first 30 mins when baking.

My kids are too excited to have these home baked cheese cake. It's been a long time since they had one.

I only managed to place on simple decorations on the cake but my kids already felt so satisfying. Such blessings to have them around to wallop everything up while I still have time to bake for them. Yeap, I should bake more often. >o< Hope you guys are having a wonderful week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...